Money saving tips

Please log in to Create a smart tip

Smart Tips RSS Feed

hmurrar | 27.08.2019

MoneySmart

Thumb up
Thumb down
Accounts

This is the 1st time i heard about the MoneySmart service from ADIB, So i want to start Journey with this service, i open Account "was think this is virtual account, not real", but i was shocked that ADIB issued a ATM Card & Cheque Book for this account, this is really Nice, then i sync the account with my old ADIB account, and its totally worked perfectly, i can use it as saved Account, this is really Awesome Service, Thank you ADIB

AsifAA wrote on 28.08.2019 at 13:27

Did you received all from bank or do you still waiting ???

banksforkc | 27.08.2019

DEBIT CARD

Thumb up
Thumb down
Debit Card

Debit cards are way so good than having a cash on hand, swiping as easy as 123, although having the knowledge to keep it safe to be able to avoid problems with your card.

banksforkc | 27.08.2019

GYM

Thumb up
Thumb down
Lifestyle

Gym memberships are so expensive in Dubai, having to enroll in these things makes some people broke for like 2 months. Although, people say it is "for health" purposes, there are a lot of ways for you to be able to be fit and healthy while saving money. Incase you live in a residential building, for sure there is a gym there available for your use anytime. It will be an additional savings for you if you avoid these things.

banksforkc | 27.08.2019

To get a car or not?

Thumb up
Thumb down
Transportation

I have been fighting the urge to get a car, and with proper financial setting and thinking. I decided to not to just yet.. I weigh things over since there are really a lot of pros and cons to it. and at the end of the day, I realized that getting a car is easy but having the maintenance to deal with it isnt, on the other hand, having to use public transport which is very convenient and cheap makes you save a lot more money than you think.

So if ever anyone is thinking to get a car, think wisely and check first your current financial situation.

MTRegi | 26.08.2019

Metro System

Thumb up
Thumb down
Transportation

We have public transport system here in Dubai. For me my top 1 will be the Metro System. By using a METRO will help us save money specially when our destination is around the city only. Yet it's comfortable and friendly to our pocket.

Eg: Mall Of Emirates Going To Burjuman Mall
(By Taxi around 60-Aed will be spent)
But by metro, less than 10-Aed need to spend only. 50-Aed you will be able to save.

AsifAA | 26.08.2019

Paying insurance premiums is only part of solution

Thumb up
Thumb down
Insurance

Insurance is an integral part of risk management strategy at any business.

It is meant to mitigate the financial impact associated with risks taken by a company, including legal action, delinquencies and disasters. Insurance provision is intended to minimize the adverse consequences of all routine and unforeseen enterprise risks.

Businesses are prone to unpredictable business challenges that pose a variety of risk trajectories. Any business at a particular point in time can run into uncharted domains, putting its continuity or financials at risk.

Therefore, business depends on insurance providers as the first responder to cover such uncertainties. It is indeed a daunting task as insurance has evolved with more sophistication.

Managements need to do a deep dive to acquire a better understanding of the specific risks that their business faces and to map them appropriately.

SHABUKKA | 24.08.2019

For The Future...

Thumb up
Thumb down
Time Deposit

Park a small Part of your income every month and will accumulate to bigger savings in the future which can be used to meet unexpected expenses or investment opportunities.
Eg: AED 500 every month will result to AED 6000 In an year and AED 60,000 minimum in 10 Years.

Azru wrote on 25.08.2019 at 15:08

Good Idea

hmzakeer | 23.08.2019

Protect your Debit Card

Thumb up
Thumb down
Debit Card

Rules for Keeping Your Debit Card Safe

Check Your Bank Statements Often
Protect Your PIN Number
Only Use ATMs at a Bank
Don't Use Public Wireless Access for Financial Transactions.
Report Problems Immediately.
Create Your Own Security Profile.

jplibiternos wrote on 23.08.2019 at 18:03

Great tip. Thank you

Azru wrote on 24.08.2019 at 13:33

Thanks. Good Sharing

Nil wrote on 24.08.2019 at 14:51

what do you mean by public wireless access you mean public WiFi?

Rhoxie | 21.08.2019

Food Grocery

Thumb up
Thumb down
Lifestyle

Almost all supermarkets have a very low price from Thurday evening until Saturday, so much better to shop groceries on the said day to get a very good deals.

mereo | 21.08.2019

Grocery Shopping on weekends

Thumb up
Thumb down
Lifestyle

Most hyper markets do have deals on weekends. Shopping during this time saves you a lot of money and you don't even feel the effect of VAT.

Azru wrote on 24.08.2019 at 13:35

But all hypermarksts now having mid week deals too

mereo wrote on 24.08.2019 at 13:41

Azur. Is the same thing am saying. Simply plan your buying when they have the deals on and it saves you money. Unless in case of emergency.

go to page top go to page bottom