Group Travel and moneyStarted by pklim on 10.05.2017 Tips how to get best of your money when you travel!
Discussions in this group
We are in the middle of holiday period, what are your tips for paying abroad? Use your uae card? Cash? Withdraw cash abroad from atm?
pklim on 22.12.2017 at 10:27
Just landed in prague. Withdrew money using contactless atm... took a cab home using a uber-like app and paid through the app... bought flowers at a gas station...paidbwith a tap... if i just had a ‘card on my phone’ i would so far easily get by. :)
pklim on 25.09.2017 at 23:05
Hi. I am looking for recommendations on what are the best flight booking sites in the uae? Also do you use different sites for different destinations? Do you book directly with the airline?
WajihaS on 20.09.2017 at 12:19
I recently came across an article that talks about ease of access to VIP lounges and no claims process for passengers who experience flight delays. How cool do you think that would be?
It's an app that automatically sends an entry pass to your phone with no need to go through a claims process.
Has anyone experienced something of this sort through a card or an app?
Sunshine on 13.09.2017 at 17:24
I'm traveling to Turkey soon (InshAllah). I want to stay in nice resorts/hotels. Is there any bank that offers discounts on hotels etc?
pklim on 10.09.2017 at 22:03
Was impressed to learn alipay is accepted here. Few years back they did not even exist!
pklim on 26.07.2017 at 18:14
Zohair on 12.06.2017 at 11:23
Serviced apartments are fast becoming a popular choice for leisure and business travellers. These often outweigh regular hotels and AirBnB.
1. 24-hour concierge
2. Home comforts (e.g. Satellite TV, WIFI, Private Telephone)
3. A private fully-equipped kitchen where you can cook the food the way you want
4. Bespoke accommodation and experience e.g. you can call ahead and have items stocked before you arrive.
5. Privacy and freedom of your own home, you can invite guests over
6. Bigger space vs hotel room
7. Cost-effectiveness (Rates are per appartment rather than per person)
10. Welcome pack - often the appartment will be pre-stocked with necessary items like tea, coffee, toiletries, newspaper/magazines/guides
So think about staying in serviced appartments the next time you travel!
pklim on 10.05.2017 at 14:55
Hi Travellers! Welcome to this group. Looking forward for your tips and questions.